Thursday, July 15, 2010


July 15, ( T-3 days)

The big day is getting closer and closer and now it feels like this trip is actually going to happen. It has been kind of this thing that was going to happen but other than a lot of talk ( and writing ) there wasn't much else going on. Now it's quite the opposite with lots of stuff going on and I'm ready to get this show on the road.

Here's where we are at the moment, my stuff has arrived in Kodiak, Art (the boat owner) is on the island and getting the Emerald Rose ready for our trip. What that means I don't know and can only speculate as I've been told one year it was still in dry dock when the guys arrived. A day was spent installing the drive shaft and putting the boat back int he water. Nice story or the truth, not sure and I won't be able to confirm it until I'm on the island in a few days. Doug and the guys should be heading to JFK or La Guardia on Sunday to fly all the way to Alaska. While they're flying I'm driving to Atlanta to start my hop, skip and plane jump or two to finally arrive in Kodiak.


In one of my earlier entries I talked about bringing my GPS for some entertainment on the boat. I thought it would be kind of cool to see how it navigated in the middle of the ocean. I guess I've been trumped by Doug's bigger and better GPS with Ocean charts, maps of the entire world, a XM radio and small inflatable boat if we really need help. I'll have to share how cool the toy really is but if the fact that it was about three times the cost of mine has anything to do with its capabilities I'm expecting it to make breakfast if asked.

I'm also experimenting with the picture posting capabilities of this blog so I'm adding a picture for the first time. The picture of the embroidered fish is on the shirt, sweatshirt, hat and denim shirt Doug had made up. Let me know what you think.

That's all for now. I'm running out of ideas on what to type so if you've got questions or ideas for topics, please use the "add comment button' on the bottom of the page to send me a note.

No comments:

Post a Comment